Hi Mystic Moments, standard moisturisers don’t seem to work on me. I need help to alleviate my dry skin issues. Any ideas?
Kirsty, 25 from Oxford.
Oh Kirsty, I’m sorry to hear that, but you’ve come to the right place. We have a lot of natural ingredients that can certainly help with your dry skin issues.
Dry and flaky skin is a common complaint, especially in the winter time. The frosty winter air sucks the life out of our skin, but thankfully there are ways to combat this.
Most lotions and moisturisers on the market come with a hefty price tag, so why not try making your very own home remedy using some of the ingredients listed below. I'd personally recommend using the organic versions myself as your skin deserves only the best. Kirsty, your body is a temple so treat it that way!
• Shea Butter is a superb moisturiser.
• It contains vitamin A which is very important to aid many skin conditions including wrinkles, acne, blemishes, and eczema. As well as providing relief from dryness.
• It gets deeply absorbed by the skin and hydrates the skin.
• Shea butter has several derivatives of cinnamic acid that exhibit anti-inflammatory properties too.
• Vitamin E helps to bring the softness back into a rough and leathery complexion.
• Considered one of the best natural moisturisers’.
• Loaded with antioxidant, antimicrobial and humectant properties.
• Helps to lock moisture into the skin making it extra smooth and soft.
• Contains many essential vitamins and minerals to help improve your skin’s health.
• Does wonders to replenish and lock in the natural moisture of the skin.
• Contains healthy fatty acids that replenish the skin’s lessened fatty acid reserve.
• It has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
• Can hydrate and reduce water loss in severely dry skin.
• It is moisturising and thus makes your skin smooth and supple.
• It can improve your complexion and skin tone.
• Almond oil is an excellent source of vitamin E and, hence, is considered the best emollient and lubricator for dry skin. Its antioxidant property is excellent for your skin’s overall health.
• This oil is also non-greasy and is quickly absorbed into the skin.
• Aloe Vera is often used in the treatment of dry and patchy skin.
• Its polysaccharide helps to retain the moisture levels in the skin.
• It also enhances collagen and elastin production in the skin thus restoring its suppleness and elasticity.
• Aloe Vera has healing, and anti-inflammatory properties so can help conditions like psoriasis or eczema.
• It has soothing, antiseptic and antifungal features that can help combat dry, irritated skin and prevent flaking.
So, to sum it up, you could use any of these ingredients here to try and combat your skin issues. Lucky for you they are all readily available here at Mystic Moments. You can come up with your own mixes and creations to bring the shine back to your skin. I hope this helps and I look forward to your feedback!
Click here to check out the rest of our range at Mystic Moments!